Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Countryside Late Afternoon

This is my entry for the Daily Paintworks challenge for last week. This is in Germany (thanks, Carol Marine!), but it looks like places I have seen in America and Canada.
This was fun to paint. I decided on giving it the late afternoon glow that I am so fond of. My inclination, too, when I am working from a photograph is to be too married to the photo image, and not take license with it. Here I tried to get away from that.

8x8" Oil on cradled birch panel
$110 plus shipping

catgillespie@gmail.com

2 comments:

  1. Your colors are quite gorgeous, Catherine. Another lovely submission for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the colours, Cathy, you have such an eye..
    Okay, TWO eyes;)

    Thanks for commenting over on my blog;)
    I almost had a coronary from the shock...

    ReplyDelete