Thursday, April 5, 2012

Red Light

This is the main drag of the Junction neighbourhood in Toronto where I live.  At the twilight time of day just after the sun dips below the horizon, there is a wonderful light show combining the sky, streetlights and traffic lights. I am always struck by it, and is never exactly the same from day to day.

This is a study for a larger painting. I zipped through it fairly quickly (I love that), but then I decided that it needed a few more brush strokes. Big mistake. I ended up doing the sky over again! When will I learn to leave things alone!
I am happy with it now, but it was pretty good before I decided to "fix" it.

5x7" Oil on gessoboard
$85 plus shipping

SOLD

1 comment:

  1. Love this. The darks just are perfect and let the lights and sky pop! I think you did an amazing job on this and can't wait to see it biggier! Great job friend and Paint On!!

    ReplyDelete